Black Friday Shopping is one of the biggest shopping days of the year. Anyone who has shopped during this day knows just how hectic it can get. People have been known to get in fights over items, and some have even lost their lives. Don’t let these things happen to you. As an experienced Black Friday shopper I am more than happy to share some tips.
1) Check Black Friday ads online, or pick up a copy of the previous Sundays paper.
2)Have a plan: Know what stores you will be shopping at in advance as most stores have additional discounts between certain times. Don’t miss out on the deals you’re really looking forward to, prioritize your time wisely.
3) Shop with a friend: The biggest advantage to shopping with a friend is while one shops, the other stands in line. Win-win for both parties.
4) Be prepared to wait in long lines, and brace yourself for large crowds (Avg 3o-45 Min waits).
5) Dress in comfortable shoes and clothing: You will be standing for long periods of time, and walking through big crowds. Use layers, as you will probably wait outside in the cold for a long time, but get hot once your inside. Think long sleeves, sweatshirts or work out clothing.
6) In order to avoid getting grumpy eat a nice breakfast, or left overs from the night before.
7) Stay hydrated, and bring a water bottle.
8) People get crazy during Black Friday so make sure you have caffeine and stay alert.
9) If you get to your destination in time to be first in line, don’t stand to close to the door. People will often push to get inside, best to be in the center of the crowd.
10) Know when to back down: Materialistic things are never worth hurting anyone. Like Disney princess Elsa says “Let it Go.” Don’t be that person that gets into a fight over a $5 knit sweater.
11) Be Courteous and Kind to others.
My favorite stores to shop during Black Friday are Kohl’s, JC Penney, and Scheels. These stores actually have real deals going on and not jut the typical “10% off.” Don’t go to Best Buy, or The Apple store unless you’re feeling crazy.